Last Revised: March 21, 2019 (Version 1.0)
Last modified: May 22, 2019.
Effective Date: May 22, 2019
• What information we collect and how
• How we use or may use that information
• With whom we may disclose that information
• How we protect your information
• The Nevers of Emvite
• Children’s privacy
• Laws and Regulations
• Contact Information
• Notice to California Residents
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We collect and process information from users like you in order to provide a better Emvite experience. Some information can be used to determine information like your age or sex (information you give us). Other information we collect can include personal identifiable information (PII) like your email, password, user name, among other information that we will describe below. Other tiers of information that we will and can collect from you could include activity information like geo-location, places of interest or activity interest. We keep your personal information only as long as we need it for legitimate business purposes (as set out below) and as permitted by applicable law. Let us describe this further:
What information we can request and collect from you
• Your full Name
• Email address
• User Name
• Gender (optional)
• Telephone Number (optional)
• City (optional)
• Occupation (optional)
• Sexual Orientation (optional)
• Age (provided by your day of birth and year)
• A profile picture
• Phone contacts or mobile list contacts
• Invitation location history
• Check in history
• Interests (your personality, lifestyle, activities)
• Location range or a mile radius (not actual location)
• Tags of you on a specific location made by other users
• Payment History (premium users only)
• Credit Card number (premium users only)
• Name on credit card (premium users only)
• Kind of credit card (premium users only)
• Expiration day on credit card (premium users only)
• Zip Code attached to the credit card user (premium users only)
• Card Security Code attached to the credit card (premium users only)
• What information we get from your use of our services– We collect information about the services that you use on Emvite and how you use them. When you use our services, we collect information about which features you have used, how you have use them and the devices you use to access our services. Here is a more detail list of information that we collect when you use our services:
• Usage Information: We will collect information about your activity on our services, like how you use them, date and time of logged in, features you have been using, searches, clicks and pages of partners you have been using, referring webpage address and advertising that your click on.
• Device Information: We collect device specific information such as hardware model, operating system, unique device identifier like the MAC address, IP address, crash reports, and device number. We could also associate your device specific information with your phone number registered in your Emvite account.
• Login- information: when you use our services and create an account, we automatically store certain information in our data base. This includes:
• Search enquiries like places or events.
•Internet Protocol Address
• Facebook Login: In order to use Emvite, you may sign-in using your Facebook login. If you do so, you authorize us to access and use certain Facebook account information, including but not limited to your public Facebook profile information and information about Facebook friends you disclose in common with other Emvite users.
• Payment Information: when you subscribe to a paid service or make a purchase directly from us (rather through a platform such as iOS or Android), you provide your payment service provider with information, such as your debit or credit card number and other financial information.
Promotions, events or contests: If you choose to participate in our promotions, events or contest, we collect the information that you use to register or enter.
• Chats: we also process your chats with other users as well as the content you publish.
HOW WE USE THE INFORMATION THAT WE COLLECT
We use the information collected from all of our users as an aggregate (which doesn’t identify you directly) to provide, maintain, protect, and improve Emvite and our user’s experience. We reserved the right to disclose the aggregated information to any third-party partner.
All the aggregated information that we provide to our third-party partners (like companies, organizations or individuals) are based on an aggregated statistics or demographics, and insights that help third-party partners (like companies, organizations or individuals) to understand how users like you are engaging with their ads, listings, pages, videos or any other content.
After opening an Emvite account, we may use the information across all of our services to maximize the Emvite experience. We may display your user name, profile name, profile picture, pictures that you tag as public, age, sex, and a home address to any Emvite user or to any third-party partner (like companies, organizations or individuals). We will use your location history (geo-location) or “check in” history to better improve the Emvite experience based on your interest.
We will not disclose your personal information to any third-party for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes if you opt-out.
WITH WHOM WE MAY DISCLOSE INFORMATION
We impose strict restrictions on how our third-party partners (like companies, organizations or individuals) on how they can use and disclose the data we provide. Some of the categories of third party partners that we share your data could be information technology companies; fraud prevention companies; advertising partners; market places and providers of targeted advertising; moderators to monitor activity on the app; Law enforcement agencies, as mentioned before; and payment processing services.
It is possible that we will disclose non-personally identifiable information (information that does not identify who you are like device information, general demographics, general behavior data) publicly and with our third-party partners (like companies, organizations or individuals) to develop and deliver targeted advertising on our services, applications of third-parties, and to analyze and report on advertising you see.
We provide advertisers and third-party partners (like companies, organizations or individuals) with reports about the kinds of people seeing their ads and how their ads are performing, as described before.
HOW WE PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION
Your privacy is our number one concern. Emvite uses commercially reasonable security procedures and internal data security practices to protect your information. We store all your information in servers located outside Puerto Rico.
We regularly monitor our systems for possible vulnerabilities and attacks, and regularly review our information collection, storage and processing practices to update our security measures. We also restrict access to personal information to Emvite employees, contractors and agents according to our confidential and security measures.
In the eventuality of a breach of security or any system vulnerability that we deem as such, we may suspend your use of all or part of the services without notice.
We keep your personal information only as long as we need it for legitimate business purposes and as permitted by applicable law.
THE NEVERS OF EMVITE
2. Emvite will never disclose to anyone your live location at any moment.
We understand the importance of protecting children’s privacy in the interactive world. Our services are restricted to users who are 18 years of age or older. We do not permit users under the age of 18 on our platform. If you suspect that a user is under the age of 18, please use the reporting mechanism available through the service.
We do not use or knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of thirteen (13). If you are a child under 13 years of age, you are not permitted to use Emvite and should not send any information about yourself to us through the Service.
In the event that we become aware that we have collected Personal Information from any child, we will dispose of that information in accordance with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA), 15 U.S.C. 6501-05, or any other applicable laws or regulations.
If you are a parent or guardian and you believe that your child under the age of 13 has provided us with information without your consent, please contact us at email@example.com and we will take reasonable steps to ensure that such information is deleted from our files.
LAWS AND REGULATIONS
We currently meet the standards of these laws and regulations and are committed to continue doing so.
CONTACT INFORMATION AND PROCESS TO REVIEW AND REQUEST CHANGES TO PII
o Email- firstname.lastname@example.org
o Phone- 787-644-4223
o Regular mail: Emvite LLC, 161 Ponce de León, Suite 304 San Juan PR 00917
NOTICE TO CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS
If you are a California resident, you can request a notice disclosing the categories of personal information about you that we have disclosed with third parties for their direct marketing purposes during the preceding calendar year, if the time term applies. To request this notice, please submit your request here. Please allow 30 days for a response. For your protection and the protection of all of our users, we may ask you to provide proof of identity before we can answer such a request.